HDMI or High Definition Multimedia Interface now become the standard for audio/video display; no wonder that people are aiming for the best cable that will give more entertainment.
That is where high-speed cables become an instant star. How to tell if hdmi is high speed or not? Let us see the difference between the standard one to high speed hdmi.
There are two types of Hdmi cables: standard and high-speed. Both of these cables are ideal for high-definition televisions. Lately, HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. broadcast that all cables will be tested to see if it is Standard or High Speed.
- Standard HDMI Cable — marked as Category 1 has a speed of 75 Mhz or 2.25 Gbps that is equivalent to a 720p/1080i signal.
- High Speed — or category 2 is very fast with its speed of 340 Mhz or up to 10.2Gbps, which is the highest bandwidth available. It can hold 1080p signals up to 25 feet and can accommodate the maximum resolution display nearly to cinema motors.
As you can notice, high-speed cables offer higher performance than the standard cable. Fortunately, in most stores today, HDMI high-Speed cables are totally available.
But, of course, you would like to make sure that the one you purchase is high-speed. Just by looking at the wire, without any logo or designator, it ‘s hard to tell if you have a high-speed cable or not.
Even just by looking at the color depths of your television, it is hard to differentiate.
So, how to tell if hdmi cable is high speed? Read the following key points:
- Check the term HDMI High Speed or Category 2 on the cable itself or the packaging. The high-Speed logo should be visible on the wire.
- To check the specifications of HDMI High-Speed Cable, you can download a copy of the specs or see if it is available on the packaging.
- Find the original advertisement
- A certified High-Speed cable should support mandatory HDMI features up to the maximum bandwidth. If there are signal interruptions and issues, the cable is not High Speed.
- Capable of highest bandwidth, can support 4k, 1080p, 3D has a dark color.
- See yourself the vendor’s compliance certificate. If a cable is tested and approved, a certificate showing the length and the nature of testing is issued.
It is a difficult task on how to tell if hdmi cable is high speed or not. But, with the key points given above, you can start seeing yourself if you bought the right one or you got fooled by diligent marketers. Knowing what you are purchasing will always be a rule of thumb. You can read the specifications and reviews of the cables beforehand. Check the wire with your eye and ask for certifications and the like.
HDMI High-Speed Cables are one of the core necessities in our homes. It eliminates the need for multiple cables behind our theater system. You just need to be wise and informative so that you would know how to tell if hdmi cable is high speed.